Sunday, March 28, 2010

Holes in my shoes

Hello friends, I have a little confession, as most of my friends and family know I have a BIG passion. I love to run, sometimes too much, but, I love it!!!! it is my only way out sometimes. When I run I take time to talk to God. He answers so many of my questions and he leaves me thinking a lot. I know God is leading me in the right direction in my life, sometimes it's hard to understand where, and why he is leading me in the direction that he wants, but I eventually get it.

During my run today I looked down at my shoes, and thought man I have had these shoes for a long time, they even have holes in them. As I kept running I thought about how long I had my shoes, and if you are a runner, then you know that you are suppose to change your shoe's up at least every 5 to 6 months, depending on the miles you have put on them. Well the more I thought about my shoes and how long I had them I almost stopped in my tracks!!! I have had my running shoes for over a year!! yes YEAR!!!! I know, I know, that is bad. But, the thought of getting rid of those shoes made me sad. I know you are thinking what in the world is she talking about, she is suppose to have confidence in her clothing adventure. Well friends, I love my running shoes and I love the way they look. My shoes, have gotten me so far on these past few runs, as uncomfortable as they are they get me where I need to go, and they give me the confidence that I need. I think that we all need to hold on to something that gives us confidence. Maybe we just need to use what ever it is for something else. I want everyone to take a piece of clothing that makes them feel good, and look at it. If it has a hole in it, like my running shoes, then keep it and remind yourself that God gave you the confidence to wear that outfit or those shoes at some point in your life, it's just time to change into something better, and new! and God is going to help you on your journey of finding something that you are confident in.

XXXXX Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment